Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: IT Security Engineer
Location: Bethesda, MD
Type: Permanent, Direct Hire
Our client is in search of a skilled Security Engineer to take its established security footprint to the next level.
• Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
• Identify and define system security requirements
• Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices and services
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
• Assists with management, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of Web Application Firewalls (WAF) and load balancers
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
• Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture /platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
• Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; defines requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, load balancers, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
• CISSP, ISSA, CCSP or related security certification(s) valued.
• Proven working experience in building and maintaining security systems
• Detailed technical knowledge of database, network and operating system security
• Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
• Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
• Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures)
• Eight to ten years in a computer related field, with at least 5 in Information Security preferred.
• Experience with level 1 PCI compliance process preferred
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
• Advanced knowledge of network security infrastructure, risk analysis, data/voice communication systems, services and system/network configurations. Network operations, design, and systems management.
• Knowledge of Imperva web application firewalls
• Understanding of enterprise networks impact on application design and performance, scripting and full scale system implementation on Linux/Windows platforms.
• Strong security product knowledge and conceptual understanding of current technologies such as firewalls, VPNs, IDSs and other security devices.
• Strong analytical skills (i.e., technical and non-technical problem solving skills).
• Possess strong interpersonal and project management skills.
• High level of personal credibility and integrity.
• Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment.
• Act responsibly and professionally as part of an enterprise team.
• Maintain a professional working relationship throughout all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge and understanding of F5 load balancers
To apply, send recent resume to Brittany Hale at email@example.com.
Apply by creating/using account