Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Operations Manager
Location: Navy Yard, DC
Clearance: Top Secret Security Clearance (SCI Eligibility a Plus)
The operations manager will assist the Vice President / Program Manager in the management of staff for the contract. The site project manager will be a person that will be seated at the Washington Navy Yard 100% of the time. The person will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects and will oversee all aspects of the project lifecycle. Will be responsible for coordination with customer, setting team deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring, summarizing and communicating progress of project. Will prepare reports / briefings for the program manager regarding status of project.
The person must be intimately familiar with ITIL and Agile and must have experience in managing day to day operations of a staff of more than 75 personnel. The person will be expected to utilize concepts, practices, and procedures to execute / guide tasks and leverage their extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The ability to multitask is a key to success as the person will lead and direct the work of others and be hands on in performing management of activities / tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The person will report directly to the Vice President/Program Manager.
• Master's Degree minimum, MBA Preferred
- Must be IAT / IAM Level III Qualified
o IAT Requirements – one of the following certifications (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP or CASP)
o IAM Requirements – one of the following certifications (GSLC, CISM, CISSP)
- Must have (or be able to obtain within 3 months) one of the following Agile Qualifications:
o Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)
o Certified Scrum Master – CSM
- Must have a PMI-Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Must be ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Technical Certifications such as an MCSE, CCNA, MCP, CCNP, etc. are highly desired / favored
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience in project management
- Must be knowledgeable about industry terms for IT and telecommunication products and services and must have the technical depth to deliver whitepapers, business case analyses and technology studies to meet solution requirements.
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate and transpose technical information into executive briefings.
• Must be able to lead / participate in corporate business development initiatives and must be able to leverage staff to develop efficient and realistic solutions.
• Must be proficient with all aspects/processes associated with project management and the management of an integrated master schedule.
• Must have exceptional skills as a writer for documentation of SOPs, business rules, requirements documentation and other products to be delivered in an IT Operations Environment.
• Will be the point person responsible to provide daily interaction with customer project managers to discuss status and solutioning efforts.
• Will assist in the effecting of a PMO for service delivery on contract.
• Must have the ability to work in fast-paced environments and under timed deadlines.
• Must have strong organizational skills and very detail-oriented.
Apply by creating/using an account