Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My direct client is hiring a Sr. Network Engineer on a contract to perm hire basis.
Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: 6 month Contract to Hire
The candidates will be responsible for the design, engineering, implementing, deploying, monitoring, analysis, documentation, and maintenance and problem resolution of domestic and international network facilities. Escalate critical or chronic operational network issues; escalate the issues with vendors as appropriate and initiates actions to further improve efficiency of support functions or network performance.
They will be also responsible for enterprise Cisco VoIP (Voice over IP) solution design, implementation and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in design, architecture and engineering activities in identifying, building, implementing and
deploying new networking solutions at the data centers and at all corporate locations, including CROs.
• Provide technical support for ongoing network activities including Gen updates, upgrades of network
components, new network installations, and network documentation.
• Design, procure, deploy, implement LAN, WAN, Load Balancer as required.
• Respond to network problems escalated from the network operators and engineers and follows through to resolution; also provide consultative expertise to other groups within IT to resolve general system support issues
• Maintain knowledge of national and international network standards as well as the activities of the
organizations defining those standards and the impact on strategic global network direction.
• Evaluate the impact of proposed or required changes (internally and by vendors) especially in the
areas of hardware, software, performance, maintenance and cost; provide recommendations to
management with an impact assessment.
• Oversee the monitoring and reporting of second level support for network systems; and seek methods
• Ensure the stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification and
resolution of issues.
• Provide technical direction and training to more junior level network engineers
• Provide technical consultation in new systems development and enhancement of existing systems
related to network requirements.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and
work related experience. Cisco, Juniper, F5 certifications preferred.
5-7+ years progressive work related experience in network system architectures with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple discipline/processes related to the position.
5 years of experience in large deployments of Cisco VoIP solution.
Experience in designing VoIP network, implementation of Cisco Unified Call Manager solutions for a large enterprise.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated proficiency in the implementation and maintenance of global integrated network
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of network technologies:
- Operating Systems/Applications – Microsoft Server, Novell Netware, Windows NT/2000, Unix
- Communications/Protocols –TCP/IP, MPLS, Frame Relay, VPN, WiFi, VoIP
- Hardware – Cisco Routers, switches, Cisco NEXUS, Firewalls (Cisco/CheckPoint); F5 Load
Balancers (LTM/GTM); DNS appliances, IDS/IPS, Wireless Controllers and WAPS.
• Demonstrated knowledge of system integration issues.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale
projects from conception through implementation.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing
information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
Apply by creating/using account