Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Video/WebEx Specialist
Location: Waukegan, IL
Contract Length: 2 years
Ideal Start: July 3
1. Provide Design, engineering, project management and administration of the maintenance of the organization's Audio Visual System and AV Network. Configure and administer the AV hardware and Cloud base applications and services facilities within the FARO networks including user AV services, AV security, telecommunications, Cloud Base AV applications and backup services.
2. Work in partnership with other departments and users to develop and deliver AV services that will meet and exceed expectations.
3. Identify and diagnose problems with AV hardware, AV software or AV configuration of equipment and make repairs or recommend changes to hardware and/or software to resolve problems. Utilize technical support from hardware or software manufacturers as a resource to aid in identifying and resolving complex AV related problems.
4. May need to represent IT on new building committees assist relates to AV needs
5. Work with users, technical staff, vendors and contractors as required to evaluate current systems and processes, define technical requirements, and assist in the selection of vendors and applications to meet the organizations requirements. Implement authorized programs, monitoring the work of outside contractors and other technical staff involved.
6. Monitor system performance and recommend process efficiencies that could be implemented to maximize system performance and employee productivity.
7. Implement and adhere to corporate policies to ensure compliancy with local and global regulations related to SOX, FCPA, ISO, PCI, etc.... Participant in internal and external audits.
8. Develop, upgrade and administer the AV system security. Develop and direct the implementation of policies and programs for AV system security and oversee the access of entitlements of all users.
9. Assist the IT Department to resolves problems as needed to ensure that customers receive prompt, efficient service in accordance with company policies. Any AV system down-time addressed with the appropriate sense of urgency and documented root causes analysis, presented to Sr. Management and process improvements implemented to minimize future interruptions
10. Participate in building and maintaining global AV company standards by conducting lessons learned sessions and by continuing education.
11. Ability to mentor and train IT staff in the standards and troubleshooting of AV systems.
12. Ability to work in a fast paced highly stressful environment while maintain focus and the ability to work closely with staff, users and management.
13. Working without direct supervision with the ability to organize, execute and complete projects and assignments in a timely and efficient manner is required.
14. Define, implement and manage the business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the global operations. Ensure all SLAs are within the corporate policies.
15. Define, implement and manage the VoIP telecommunication with Cloud base software for FARO's operations.
16. Assist with the development AV yearly financial budget (OpEx & Capex) for the IT globally.
17. Evaluate and configure the installation of new or upgraded AV applications software and operating systems. Create and maintain system administration tools and troubleshoot as needed when problems are encountered.
18. Identify and report on status and performance of network systems and software. Recommend replacement of or addition to network elements or changes in software configuration. Perform upgrades to hardware and software elements of the system as required to maintain maximum functional level of network and its components.
19. Maintain awareness of new technology and assess its value to the organization presently or in support of future directions. Recommend contingency plans that control risk factors in applicable information systems.
20. Create project plans and proposals for approval on current and future projects.
21. Prepare purchase requisitions for approved items as required. 22. Create procedures for review and inclusion in departmental procedures and policy manual.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements.
2. Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
3. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
4. Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production checklists, operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as required.
5. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Hand tools and hand power tools, network hubs, software tools, common office equipment, computer and related peripherals.
If you are intersted and qualified, please send your updated resume to email@example.com. Thanks!
Apply by creating/using account