Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We have a contract role for a Data Analyst/Data Migrations Analyst with our client in East Molin, IL. Please let me know if you or any of your friends would be interested in this position.
The details of the position are:
Job Title: Data Analyst/Data Migrations Analyst
Duration: 3 + years [Possible Extension]
· As an IT Data Analyst / IT Data Wrangler you will provide development and support to partner in the planning, delivery and/or support in the development of data migration tools and processes to migrate data from a legacy database to the Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations platform.
In addition, you will:
· Work with the Client team to understand the data from the legacy ERP application to efficiently export multi-year financial and operations dealer data to the Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations platform with a high degree of quality
· Focus on automation and other tools to drive efficiency and scale throughout the data migration process
· Develop tools to transform, cleanse and otherwise improve data quality and value
· Migrate legacy data into new Microsoft platform and ensure its integrity
· Work with customers to validate the accuracy of migrated data and resolve issues
· Drive customer satisfaction with data migration along with overall implementation
· Additionally, this position will serve as a consultant to the product group to assist in the design of data architectures and integrations that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
What Skills You Need:
· Proven data management skills in a complex integrated technical environment
· Ability to design and execute data migration processes that span multiple applications
· Ability to work across functional boundaries to optimize data quality through the course of a system migration
· Proven collaboration and communication skills
· Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management, performance tuning and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
· Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions
· 1+ years of work experience in a team environment
· 2+ years of experience working with applications, data, infrastructure, and/or IT security
What Makes You Stand Out:
· Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Dynamics platform
· Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Data Entities
· Experience within a business environment with ERP or CRM is preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or previous versions of Microsoft AX is preferred
· Ability and willingness to prepare knowledge management documentation
· Preference given to candidates Multi-Lingual skills - English/Spanish or English/Portuguese or English / French or English/Spanish/Portuguese
· Experience with software quality assurance or automated testing
· Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience
· Agile Development and extreme programming practices
· Not a database administrator, this is data management. SQL skills a plus.
· Works closely with the business and other Information Technology (IT) teams focusing on the processes of gathering, analyzing and documenting information requirements using standard data management tools and techniques for the creating, support and administration of database objects.
· Work is of medium complexity and moderate in risk. Has broad contact with responsibility to multiple departments and functional operations, and ongoing interaction with business contacts on tactical issues.
· Serves as an effective and key team member in various roles including serving as a team lead. Follows established processes for tasks with minimal review.
· Uses discretion and judgment in planning own work/schedule and has some responsibility for planning work/schedules for others on project-related work.
· Impact of decision-making is medium risk and impact. Actively works to share knowledge across workgroups. Applies information analyses to assist in the effective implementation and integration of a business process.
· Integrates medium to complex changes to existing processes with minimal review.
· Primarily performs as an individual contributor, but may supervise a small work team (6 or fewer members).
· Helps define processes for tasks with minimal supervision to create and manage physical data models for applications, data warehouse, and data marts.
· Creates and manages logical data models for an enterprise and/or project level where projects are of medium complexity and moderate in risk.
· Documents and maps interaction between business processes, information, and data to ensure that business has data integration for projects which are of medium complexity and moderate risk.
· Performs gap analysis (including problem resolution and change management) and evaluation between information requirements and the quality of design of database and database administration environment of vendor purchased and/or outsource solutions, actively working to share knowledge.
· Manages physical design and integration of databases to support information requirements where projects are of medium complexity and moderate in risk.
· Serves as a key team member and may assume role of team lead to develop, implement, and support methodologies, standards, and tools for data management such as metadata management, data mining, data modeling, data cleansing, transformation and matching, data stewardship, data quality, data integration, data security, and data marts.
· Provides input to design of application systems and interfaces to ensure data access, integration, integrity, and security for projects which are of medium complexity and moderate risk.
· Performs database/application performance tuning, data transformation and mapping, backup, and recovery of application databases including disaster recovery with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you can call us at # 630-576-1903.
About Generis Tek:
Generis Tek is a boutique IT/Professional staffing based in Chicagoland. We offer both Contingent Labor & Permanent placement services to several Fortune 500 clients Nationwide.
Our philosophy is based on delivering long-term value and build lasting relationships with our clients, consultants and employees. Our fundamental success lies in understanding our clients’ specific needs and working very closely with our consultants to create a right fit for both sides. We aspire to be our client’s most trusted business partner.
Apply by creating/using an account