Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We have a Contract role for a IT Business Analyst/Technical Product Owner with our client in Franklin Lakes, NJ. Please let me know if you or any of your friends would be interested in this position.
The details of the position are:
Job Title: IT Business Analyst/Technical Product Owner
Duration: 2 + months [Possible Extension]
· The Technical Product Owner (TPO) owns all aspects of their technical products, leading business value creation and managing overall product health.
· The TPO understands business and technology objectives, communicates the product vision and roadmap, and prioritizes and translates needs into requirements to ensure that expected outcomes are achieved.
· Understanding Business Needs
Collaborate with disparate stakeholder groups to identify, understand, and capture the functional needs of product stakeholders and define non-functional requirements to ensure value is delivered. Help the team demo completed work to product stakeholders. Own or contribute to the technical product roadmap.
· Communicating Needs and Enabling Teams to Deliver Quality Products
Communicate business needs, write definition-of-ready user stories, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering. Maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, ensuring the greatest value is delivered soonest. Actively participate in team retrospectives, finding ways for the team to incrementally improve.
· Owning Product Health
Identify and monitor tech product health metrics (e.g. KPIs, defect trends, compliance and security) to ensure business outcomes. Ensure recommended amount of team capacity is utilized for improving technical product health and driving down technical debt (e.g. integration and deployment of tooling, test automation, etc.).
· Delivering Iterative Value
Ensure team's work creates iterative value (e.g. supports the completion of MVPs/Epics in concert with other teams). Plan delivery of iterative value with other TPOs and prioritize/groom backlog accordingly to ensure highest level of quality. Manage unaddressed issues and determine resolutions.
· Make Teams Awesome
Leverages agility tools (e.g. Jira) and implements strategies to optimize team performance and achieve overall department objectives (e.g. manage story aging, manage WIP, epic size/throughput, etc.).
Formal Education and/or Training:
· Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience:
· 5-8 years relevant experience or Master's degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
· Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary
· Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred
· Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) preferred, but not necessary
Computer or Other Skills:
· Microsoft Office
· Agile requirement tools (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
· Collaboration tools (HipChat, Slack, Confluence, etc.)
· Diagramming and drawing tools (Visio, etc.)
Knowledge and Abilities:
· Experience writing user stories
· Knowledge of user experience and solution design essential
· High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment
· Ability to balance technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen
· Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering
· Passionate stakeholder advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you can call us at # (630) 576 1903.
About Generis Tek:
Generis Tek is a boutique IT/Professional staffing based in Chicagoland. We offer both Contingent Labor & Permanent placement services to several Fortune 500 clients Nationwide.
Our philosophy is based on delivering long-term value and build lasting relationships with our clients, consultants and employees. Our fundamental success lies in understanding our clients’ specific needs and working very closely with our consultants to create a right fit for both sides. We aspire to be our client’s most trusted business partner.
Apply by creating/using an account