Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position is located at the Simsbury, CT facility. Less than 5% travel is required.
2. Purpose of Position
Design and implement automated test strategies and solutions to facilitate and maintain high quality and reliability standards of new product development and software releases.
3. Key Responsibilities
• Design and implementation of automated test strategies and solutions to support the software development and quality assurance groups.
• Design and development of software simulators in order to provide support for existing and new features.
• Analyzes complex software systems and design strategies and provides white box testing solutions through close collaboration with development team, design and code reviews.
• Ensure test design is traceable to requirement and achieves a high level of requirement and test execution coverage.
• Contribute to enhancing automated testing best practices, coding standards and sustainable quality assurance processes
• Development or maintenance of test frameworks
• Mentor and train test engineers in use of new or existing automation tools as necessary.
• Review and provide feedback on team member test cases and module definitions to improve quality of testing while supporting high quality, reusable and low maintenance test automation solutions.
• Provide leadership in researching, recommending and implementing new automated software test tools as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Reports to: Manager, Software Quality Assurance.
• Is an integral member of a Scrum Team.
• Software QA team member.
• Works directly with software developers, test engineers, product owners, business analysts, project leaders
5. Measures of Performance
Ensures the success of his/her objectives as measured by the items below.
• Success in meeting project schedule commitments.
• Improvements in software quality assurance key performance indicators.
6. Background and Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering highly desired or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five years software test experience required with demonstrated experience in automated test solutions.
• Expertise in software testing techniques required.
• Experience using scripting languages, preferably Python, required
• Expertise in use of high level programming language, preferably Java, and object oriented design
• Experience using automated test tools (Selenium WebDriver, Squish, etc.) required.
• Experience in test framework design and development.
• Experience with Linux environment preferred.
• Knowledge of user interface design and development preferred.
• Ability to produce quality technical documents.
• Experience working in agile, scrum, or iterative software development methodology
• Experience with load testing tools and ability to identify performance bottlenecks.
7. Personal Trait Profile
Quality First: Plan & execute accurate, complete, timely and reliable work. Integrity never compromised.
Respect for People: Appreciates diversity in experience, heritage, education, organization level and gender.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
Management by Fact: Gathers, analyzes and summarizes data to draw rational, fact-based conclusions. Ability to organize a complex array of data and develop prioritization. Process oriented with a strong attention to detail.
Blameless: Seeks root-cause solutions and fixes processes rather than finding someone to blame.
Teamwork: Collaborative with customers, suppliers & associates at all levels towards mutual objectives. Excellent communication skills to work with operators, peers, and management. Functions effectively as a team member and a recognized leader in fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
Sense of Urgency: High energy, bias for taking action. Spontaneously recognizes and resolves issues. Self motivated and a high achiever. Possesses sense of urgency regarding on-time performance and execution to project deliverables
Customer Focus: Makes customers a primary focus, develops and sustains loyal, productive relationships.
Continuous Improvement: Develops and implements creative solutions to systems and processes.
Deliver Results: Driven to deliver short and long-term results. Maintains focus on what is most important. Prone to take responsibility and make decisions.
Apply by creating/using an account