Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Enterprise Workflow Analyst to join our growing IT department. The Analysts primary role is to support detail design, in additional to generating and testing Enterprise Workflows (EWF) required to meet the needs of the technical design. The Analyst will be responsible for workflow development and modification and / or maintenance of all EWF. Work closely with business partners and CPI (continuous process improvement) team in defining requirements for systems applications. Coordinates complex client area requirements and processes (e.g., new, enhancements or maintenance), prepares application system specifications, develop, tests and implements efficient, cost effective application solutions
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Reviews requirements for the Analyst's specific module and understands the requirements of the system as a whole
• Works with CPI committee, Enterprise Architect/Tech Lead to support application design documentation development and understand the system design
• Builds workflows and develop code, per application design documentation. Ensures code conforms to coding standards and coding practices
• Ensures proper documentation is done
• Ensures code conforms to the system design as outlined by Tech Lead and doesn't violate the original intent of the design
• Identifies code-level dependencies and understands the impact on dependent Systems
• Communicates with dependent systems and associated teams to make sure code changes do not negatively impact their applications
• Communicates with Enterprise Architect/Tech Lead on code issues, design changes, and any other potential problems
• Works with Enterprise Architect, Tech Lead and Team members to perform code reviews
• Performs bug fixing to code
• Performs unit testing
• Performs manual (no scripting) and integration testing
• Redirects any business requests to Business Analyst
• Reports status on accomplishments, issues, and plans
• Works with client management to identify and specify extremely complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
• Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design.
• Formulates logical statements of business problems and devises, tests and implements efficient, cost effective application program solutions (e.g., codes and/or reuses existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions).
• May have supervisory responsibility in instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of the resources within their section/department.
• Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing various business, scientific, engineering and mathematical techniques. Analyzes existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties, and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary
OTHER FUNCTIONS OF THE POSTION:
All employees are subject to the requirements of the United Bank BSA Program. An employee's role with United Bank determines which parts of the program apply. However, all employees are responsible for reporting suspicious activity identified in the course of their work, and all employees are responsible for the timely completion of mandatory compliance training assigned, such as BSA and OFAC.
The above duties may not be all-inclusive. The incumbent may be asked or required to perform other work as time and abilities allow.
Distinguishing Characteristics of the Position:
Judgment: Work is performed under the general supervision of the Application Development Manager and in accordance with the operational requirements of the Bank and with related compliance issues, requiring considerable judgment, initiative and technical skill in directing and participating in technological functions of the Bank and in assessing the effectiveness of a variety of applications. Additionally, judgement is required in overseeing and participating in assigned duties and in helping subordinates in managing various application development functions.
Complexity: Work involves a variety of application systems, network and information technology responsibilities, including determining, developing, monitoring, and evaluating systems and procedures to meet the Bank's requirements and to ensure support to other departments and service to customers. This work requires that the incumbent interpret and adhere to Information Security Policies, Bank policies, FFIEC and GLBA, and be alert to regulatory and compliance issues and their application in IT functions.
Impact of Errors: Errors of judgment and technical knowledge and expertise may be difficult to detect and may result in significant expense and damage to the Bank due to inadequate supervision, failure to apply appropriate compliance measures, all of which could have an adverse effect on the Bank's business applications, reputation, internal and external support.
Interpersonal Relationships: Work involves frequent contacts with all levels of business unit personnel, potential and existing vendors, staff and senior management within the Bank, as well as regulators and auditors requiring initiative, diplomacy, discretion and persuasiveness in a professional environment. Excellent listening and communication skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No Supervisory Responsibilities.
Required Qualifications of the Position:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four years' experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Practice applying architectural & design patterns to elegantly solve real problems (not simply following a blueprint provided by others)
• Must have SDLC experience (waterfall or Agile) in building complex technology solutions
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
• Requires a broad knowledge of the business area functions and systems, and application program development technological alternatives
• Strong Analytical thinking skills; ability to break down and solve complex problems
• Ability to work effectively with business and IT management and staff
• Strong judgement and communication capabilities
Physical Requirements: Mobility to travel to branch locations for training. Ability to stand or sit for extended periods. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Desirable Qualifications for the Position:
• Prior Banking industry experience preferred
• B.A. in Computer Sciences
Apply by creating/using an account