Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Description/Comment: POSITION SUMMARY
The Sr Data Engineer position works on a central team of Data Systems Engineers and Administrators supporting Distributed Data Platforms for Client Connected, Advanced Technologies and corporate development teams and customers. Primary focus of this position will be Data engineering product support, automation and service of operational and business processes for internet sites and corporate applications for The Client Company. Key responsibilities include DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation. Additional tasks as assigned.
Primary responsibilities include:
Responsible for level 2 systems management and exercises project-level control over initiatives. Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art data technologies, database warehouse data security, data systems, and its design. Carries out assignments with minimal coaching and guidance from others. Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards. Upholds and maintains strong documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience with at least one of the Pubic Cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Services and Azure and 4-6 years experience with products such as Spark, MongoDB, Redshift etc. Relational Database Management experience in the past is a plus.
• Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years' experience in technical operations or software engineering
• 2-3 or more years of experience with NoSQL data platforms like Oracle, Spark, Solr, Redshift, Snowflake,
• 4-6 years' experience with Linux Server platform
• 1-3 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipelining.
• 2-3 years experience solving data engineering problems using technologies such as Spark, Solr
• Expertise in database administration for large Data warehouse/datamart implementations including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
• 2 or more years of IT operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment(oncall)
• 1-2 years of experience in authoring automation through products like Chef, Cloud formation templates, Terraform.
• Thourough understanding in Security implmentations(IAM, SSL, encryption, firewall, wall garden) on Database, storage, network and Cloud environments. Participated in auditing exercise
• Knowledge in 1 or more Cloud Platforms including but not limited to: AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud and hybrid cloud enviroments
• Knowledge in Monitoring, Alerting tools such as Datadog, Cloudwatch, OEM, Quest
• Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
• Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
• Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
• Experience with Linux system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security procedures;
• Excellent knowledge of Storage subsystems- storage Engines, AWS Block storage, S3, EFS - types and relavant usecases.
• Excellent systems documentation and system diagraming skills
• Experience with Agile/Kanban methologies and handling complex projects
• Ability to partner with relevant software vendors to determine near-term, long-term business impacts of product updates on our technology portfolio
• Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems issues and effectively diagnosing problems
• Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, SSH), general networking technologies, AWS networkiong(VPC,security group), network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
• Leads and completes tasks independently, with attention to detail and while under pressure
• Excellent judgment, problem resolution, negotiation, and decision-making skills as well as the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
• Identifies, analyzes, and drives problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams
• Builds team relationships across the organization
• Effectively communicates technical actions and expectations to the appropriate audience
• Delivers customer service excellence by knowing customer's business needs, identifying appropriate technical solutions, and meeting/exceeding service expectations
• Knowledge in 1 or more relavent areas including but not limited to: Cloud Computing, Internet
Masters of Science degree in computer science or equiv
6-8 years of experience in managing large complex Data warehouses. 4-6 years of systems engineering experience 2-3 years of AWS Systems Ops skill 4-6 years of Automation experience(Chef, Terraform, Cloud Formation) . Nosql Data Platform- Snowflake experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Apply by creating/using an account
Intelliswift Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.