Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position : Product Designer
Bilingual person - Chinese (Mandarin) and English language fluency
We are looking for a passionate and collaborative product designer to join our growing New Product Development team in San Francisco. We are focused on exploring adjacencies and pushing the boundaries of traditional e-commerce internationally. We are looking for creative thinkers that are entrepreneurial, critical of the current experiences around them and innovators who are energized to re-imagine the way people, brands and services mesh in the digital world.
You will be responsible for creating ideas, communications, and interface. You’ll make things —
elegant, beautiful, smart things — that live across devices — that drive engagement and loyalty to client. You’ll need strong attention to detail of course, as well as an eagerness to solve design problems at scale. And we’re looking for highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design. We want you to blow us away with your work.
THINGS THAT WE VALUE
• Curious minds and an appetite for learning
• Passion for the craft
• A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
• Fearless brainstorming
• Ability to showcase ideas with the latest design / prototyping tools
• A user-centric and strategic approach
• Strong interest in and following of the latest design trends, technology and social
You care about making great products and are willing to design and test, to get to the best. You
have the ability to negotiate and evolve design with stakeholders in the project team, and ensure the integrity of the design is upheld. You should be knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and best practices, but always feel the need to do better. You can design for different technologies, devices and mindsets. You love a challenge and are ready to help reinvigorate one of the internet’s biggest and best brands.
• 5+ years of experience
• Fluency of grids, type, color, layout, iconography, imagery, patterns and systems
• Mastery of all modern design tools mixed with latest prototyping techniques
• Self-starter who is user-focused, detail and solutions oriented
• An ability to be both visionary and granular when needed
• Brainstorming, work-shopping, partnering to provide strategic business insight.
• Bilingual in Both Chinese (Mandarin) and English. Excellent written and verbal skills
• Written and oral language fluency in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English
• Knowledge of the Chinese e-commerce landscape
• Experiencing working with distributed teams on international design project
Some Additional Notes about this role:
-It is 3 months, with possibility of extension. The manager would like to be able to consider them for FTE Status at some point.
-The candidate MUST BE FLUENT in Mandarin, as they will be working with the Chinese market.
-The manager would like to see candidates with experience in E-Commerce, Design Teams within tech companies, or startup experience.
-Candidates should have experience with Adobe Creative Suits, Sketch, prototyping tools experience, such as Principle and/or After Effects
-Some soft skills that the manager would like to see:
• Comfortable collaborating with other design teams
• Experiencing working with international teams
• Self-Starter, can be handed project and run with it
• Strong Communication Skills
- This role will be focused on the Millennial Chinese Market and the Chinese experience
- Basics of Mandarin are fine as long as someone can understand and be able to communicate the language to other team members as needed.
- Sketch is required. Strong visual design skills.
- Team is smaller so collaboration, communication, transparency and open to learning and not knowing things will be important attributes to the success on the team
- Interview Process will be:
- Phone Screen
- Onsite interview (Portfolio Presentation in a panel then break off into 1:1 interviews)
- Portfolios are required and any links/passcodes should be present on the candidates resume
Apply by creating/using an account
Intelliswift Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.