Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This is a hands-on enterprise Java/J2EE development position, whose responsbilities include:
- Participate in coding tasks on large projects to stay familiar with the code.
- Collaborate with Architecture in Planning stage on architectural design of projects.
- Provide development estimates based on the high-level requirements, completing Scope Estimate Template.
- Take full ownership of project and iterate with Product Manager until PRD is signed off.
- Own product design and documenting design while working with Architect sponsor and cross-functional project team.
- Stay abreast of design standards and incorporate into product design.
- Identify the need for performance testing early in a project and identify the potential performance impact caused by the new features in the project. Work with load and performance team to ensure impact stays within expected bounds, if needed by doing performance tests earlier in project lifecycle. Use performance analysis tools as needed to trace performance/resource bottlenecks in project code.
- Facilitate code reviews, ensuring they happen in construction phase prior to code complete.
- Ensure unit test coverage metrics are met and nightly builds succeed.
- Ensure team is performing continuous automated builds and unit testing during development as well as adding/maintaining unit test suite, with the goal of ensuring a high level of code quality as code enters the QA phase.
- Manage the project bug queue and ensure QA has a working test environment, resolving issues as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with other department leads to ensure communication and maximum efficiency.
- Review other department artifacts such as x-functional estimates, QA Test Plan, PMO Project Plan, and REG deployment plans to ensure efficiencies and cross-team accountability.
- Provide work leadership to others, ensuring comprehensive task breakdowns and accurate estimates.
- Provide work status to Project and Development Managers and escalates issues on a timely basis, often resolving issues independently.
- Work with NOC to resolve post production issues coming from a release expeditiously
- The role does have a possibility to extend but no guarantees
- Local Candidates ONLY
- Need solid Java/J2EE experience with 5 yrs minimum
- Integrations experience
- Phone screen which will include a coding exercise
- Onsite interview with a panel of 3-4 interviews for about 2-3 hrs
Local candidates required. Skype interviews have not worked out too well for this team.
Q. What is the Duration of assignment - possible extensions?
A. 4 months. Extension possible.
Q. What is your interview timeframe? (How soon will you be able to start interviewing, and are there any projects, PTO that may delay the interview process?)
Apply by creating/using an account
Intelliswift Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.