Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Technical Specialist – SAP HANA Do you want to be part of a team that creates magic for millions of guests across all of the Disney brands? Behind the scenes, the Enterprise Technology team helps deliver magical digital & physical experiences leveraging the latest technology; and our systems engineers provide expert engineering services in the cloud, automation, and systems reliability engineering to support the innovation and operation of The Walt Disney Company. We are passionate about ensuring our systems provide the best guest experience! To be successful in this role, you will protect, operate, and continuously improve the automation and systems that run Disney's experiences, products, & services with a focus on availability, latency, automation, & cross-company collaboration while embracing a DevOps culture. Teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, Orlando, Bristol and New York.
What will you be doing?
• Works with business units to plan for new SAP HANA projects and events, including capacity planning, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery and migration strategies.
• Work with business units in ongoing sustainment and operational support of SAP HANA environment, incident and problem management.
• Code, and deploy systems, new technologies, and best practices in the cloud using self-healing, infrastructure-as-code, security, and automation patterns
• Develop useful telemetry, alerts, and response to identify and address reliability risks
• Identify, experiment, & evangelize new technologies, ideas, and best practices across the broader engineering community
• Collaborate and provide technical leadership within and across teams What’s your story?
• Experienced in implementation and support of SAP HANA data platform
• Experienced in configuration of SAP Landscape Transformation (SLT)
• Knowledgeable in installation and configured of SAP HANA SDI
• Knowledge in implementation and configuration of SAP Solution Manager
• Experienced with SAP HANA Cockpit Environment
• Familiar with configuration of SAP HANA XS advanced (XSA)
• Experience with SAP Business Object environment
• Passionate and curious about ways to leverage technology while continually learning
• Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, large-scale distributed system
• Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
• UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
• 5 years of experience in technical operations or systems engineering
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
backfill against AOP position (system engineering)- MUANA- this was for Nancy Fagginas Cody and John Kehle.
They went live with Hana in AWS.
This manager is the one who built that environment out into the cloud.
This the next phase and are getting ready for go live in that environment and its all being done in Cloud.
That level of expertise on the HANA side is not readily available in our company.
So with this go live initiative we have been went to Outsource model.
This work load is increasing so we need additional help in the HANA area.
We need to release that talent from SAP and get someone speecivic who is a solution manager and can support this initiative and continue sustainment.
SAP HANA data platform and experience impelmentation.
SAP Landscape Transformation is also critical.
Solution manager is helpful.
SAP HANA Cockpit Environment mangement function for the new SAP hana environment.
SAP Business Object environment -Business objects enviornment is new to this group and currrently hosted by Parks and Resorts and the new reports in teh Muana enviornment BOBJ.
We are in 2.0 in Hana and the BOBJ is aged at parks.
We had to build in cloud in windows (BOBJ).
No longer term plan for this.
We are currently working with outsource vendor and SAP to sustain HANA in cloud, but we need to figure out the BOBJ is a speciality, but would love it.
Cloud is AWS.
This has all been built out in AWS.
Continuous integration tools not critical if they don't have Jenkins.
Possible extension out, but current state is unknown at this time.
Apply by creating/using an account
Intelliswift Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.