Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior Data Engineer position works on a central team of Database Systems Engineers and Administrators supporting DBMS Connected and Advanced Technologies development teams and customers.
Primary focus of this position will be the automation of operational and business processes in supporting internet sites and online applications.
Key responsibilities include DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation.
Additional tasks as assigned.
Primary responsibilities include:
Responsible for group-level systems management and exercises project-level control over initiatives.
Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art database technologies, stores, systems, and design.
Carries out assignments with minimal coaching and guidance from others.
Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards.
Upholds and maintains strong documentation.
• 4 or more years of experience with relational database systems like PostgreSQL and MySQL on Linux.
• 2-4 years experience with Linux Server platforms; Windows Server a plus.
• Expertise in relational database administration including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
• 2 or more years of IT operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment
• Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
• Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies.
• Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
• Experience with Linux system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security procedures; experience with Windows desired.
• Excellent knowledge of hardware, storage, RAID, and disk subsystems technologies as they pertain to DBMS systems, experience with SAN technologies highly desired
• Excellent systems documentation and system diagraming skills
• Experience with project management methologies and handling complex projects.
• Ability to partner with relevant software vendors to determine near-term, long-term business impacts of product updates on our technology portfolio.
• Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems issues and effectively diagnosing problems
• Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, FTP, SSH), general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
• Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions including SAN/NAS.
Solid understanding postgre and be able as a postgre admin.
PostgreSQL is absolutely required.
My SQL is a nice to have.
Shell, BASH, Python, Ruby- any one of them would be good, but Python would be preferred.
Replication and Automation experience.
Work will be supporting ROSTR, MY ID.
Kind of a hyrbrid Dev ops sort of Operational role.
Keep in mind that much of the JD references "Knowledge of.” With the dev ops related technologies like Chef/puppet, more so having knowledge of; having some degree of automation experience, knowing the different tools i.e. can you automate things, do you understand chef or systems and how they work? And AWS cloud experience.
Apply by creating/using an account
Intelliswift Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.