Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position provides wireless network engineering and operational support to the WDW Resort Hotels Wi-Fi Program. This position will directly support the program and will take direction from the Wireless Project Manager and from the Enterprise Technology Wireless Network Services team.
The Wireless Network Engineer will support installation activities across the project and will validate that vendor installs are performed to standard. The Wireless Network Engineer will validate service performance using testing and monitoring tools, and will help to resolve post-installation service issues.
The wireless network infrastructure includes wireless access points, antennas, controllers, switches, and cabling. A successful candidate has knowledge and skills necessary to select, connect, configure, and troubleshoot various wireless networking devices based on practical experience.
• Provide engineering support for wireless access points, antennas, cabling, switches, and controllers in support of the WDW Resort Hotels Wi-Fi Program
• Ensure documentation and configurations are updated for wireless access points, antennas, cabling, and controllers
• Conduct and/or review wireless RF surveys and interpret results
• Perform post installation Wi-Fi validation and performance testing
• Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience with enterprise Wi-Fi networks, preferably Aruba deployments in a hospitality environment
• Solid understanding of Wi-Fi RF characteristics and signal propagation, including experience working with predictive and active surveys using tools comparable to Airmagnet Spectrum Analyzer
• Understanding of enterprise wireless authentication methods including 802.1x, EAP, RADIUS, etc.
• Experience with wireless packet captures and analysis
• Solid understanding of switch and VLAN configurations
• Solid understanding IP networking fundamentals and ability to work with LAN network engineers
• Solid wireless network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
• Documentation experience (creation and maintenance). Experience with Word, Visio, and PowerPoint creating and maintaining SOPs, maintenance plans, network diagrams, etc.
• Ability to assist in the development of Bills of Material and technical statements of work
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
• Cisco Wireless Certification is a plus (CCNP, CWAP)
• Other industry wireless certification is a plus
• ITIL certification is a plus
Looking for 2 positions.
The first one will be more focused on field engineering side where individual will be expected to go on site and check things like signal strength or validate that the installs were done correctly.
Roughly 90% of this person’s job will be on site validating the installations and providing support for installation activities.
The second position will be more of a desk job where the person will be working with Spreadsheets and VISIO.
The architects on the project will be generating the designs.
This person will look at those designs and take the 100 or so identified access points put them on a spreadsheet and assign where they will go in the installation diagram so that installers know what is needed of them.
IN a sense it is transferring high level design to a template that installers can use.
Both positions can support and back each other up in need.
This is a 100% ARBUA install.
If they have CISCO, they can learn it, but it is HIGHLY preferred they come with the ARUBA experience.
Note, these roles are a bit more junior than in the past, roughly looking at 3 to 5 years’ experience.
We will be pretty strict about this.
We will consider non local people and hire via blue jeans, but would prefer local or onsite interviews.
However, the work itself NEEDS to be onsite.
There will only be one req open so please specify if you are submitting them for the ONSITE or DESK job or both.
Also indicate if they are not local but have the means of relocating.
Apply by creating/using an account
Intelliswift Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.