Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position is for an experienced systems engineer eager to play an integral role on the Systems Engineering team for the Walt Disney Company.
Primary responsibilities include designing, building, and supporting web application systems for a large scale enterprise production environment that hosts a variety of online properties for The Walt Disney Company.
The Senior Systems Engineer is expected to have expert level systems administration skills on both the Linux and Windows server platforms, and must have extensive experience with Apache, Varnish and Wordpress.
This position will focus on systems and application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation.
The role requires participating in an on-call support rotation.
This position works closely with various business Engineering and Production teams to gather requirements, troubleshoot issues, and provide stellar customer support.
The role requires someone who is creative, proactive, constructive, and highly motivated.
The Senior SE must be prepared to work in an extremely collaborative and high-energy environment.
Understand how to install and configure operating systems, specifically with expertise in Linux
• Proficient in web or server technologies: Wordpress, IIS, Apache, PHP, Varnish, MySQL, MSSQL, Rundeck, etc., including being able to perform basic setup, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Experienced with at least one web server and application server technology, including setup, configuration, performance monitoring, tuning, clustering, and debugging
Experienced with the following:
• Site monitoring and instrumentation
• Application monitoring and instrumentation
• System monitoring and instrumentation
• Resiliency and performance
• Able to diagnose simple to complex system problems
• Understand internet technologies and network protocols, including HTTP, basic load balancing configurations, security zones, VIPs, etc
• Understand application design and dependencies for the sites the team supports.
• Has expertise on one or more load balancer platforms (setting up pools, VIPs, layer 7 routing, debugging)
• Able to author tools and scripts to be used by others to automate repeatable production tasks in standard languages like bash, csh, batch or VBscript
• Demonstrate ability to independently triage moderately complex incidents
• Independently resolve moderately to highly complex system and application incidents
• Able to identify and propose system and application fixes for performance bottlenecks
• Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels in the organization
• Chef, Communication of ideas and solutions in a clear and organized manner
We are looking for our standard Sr. Systems Engineer to work on the DDM NAP7 sites.
This will provide additional man power on the day to day work so that we can focus on the cloud migration.
We are predominately looking for someone that has experience with setting up and maintaining Wordpress environments, Linux and Windows server experience, Chef experience would be nice, experience with Rundeck would also be nice.
Apply by creating/using an account
Intelliswift Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.