Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Software Engineer - Platform
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with impressive technical skills and excellent communication and collaborative skills to help us build our Next Generation API Platform. Along with writing awesome code, you will be responsible for designing and building a highly scalable set of API suite that support our rich consumer facing applications. You will use industry best practices and work collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers, architects, principal engineers, software engineers, test automation team and DevOps in an agile setup.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS % OF TIME SPENT*
Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports a highly scalable, high performing API platform that will drive the next generation of our Digital Experience 30
Design, develop, test and maintain micro services to support our consumer facing applications. 20
Write highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance. Use TDD and participate in code-reviews with other software engineers.
Collaborate with DevOps team to setup build and delivery pipeline. Add instrumentation and monitoring to support production environments. Build Docker Containers and container management.
Accurately scope effort, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs with team members and other stakeholders.
Ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health. 10
* Note that “% of Time Spent” will vary on the specialty of the individual as well as the demands of the business and nature of the specific assignment.
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
• 5 - 7 years of experience designing and developing secure object oriented web services.
• Experience with all phases of software development. You have been there and done it, multiple times. You have strong experience in Java and Restful API Development.
• Experience with developing Micro Services highly desired.
• Some familiarity with exposing and securing APIs using an API Management Solution.
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
• Test Driven Development and knowledge of mocking frameworks such as EasyMock, Mockito.
• Some experience in at least a few of the following technologies in the below categories. The more the better:
o Spring Framework including, Spring Boot.
o Web Services: Spring, Jersey, Apache CXF, RESTEasy, Restlet
o Databases: Oracle, MySql, MongoDB, Cassandra etc.
o Distributed Cache: Redis, Coherence, Hazelcast
o Build & CI Tools: Maven, Jenkins, Gradle etc.
o Search & AI: Apache Solr, ElasticSearch, Natural Language Processing libraries (Stanford, apache).
o Message Brokers: Apache Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ.
• Experience with Scrum, Agile Process, Unit Testing using Test Driven Development.
• Developing and deploying applications on AWS or private cloud.
• Expertise in Software Design and Architecture.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Great business acumen with a passion to solve for the customer.
Apply by creating/using an account
Intelliswift Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.