Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior IT Testing Specialists provide leadership and technical guidance to test teams and has accountability across multiple functions. Creates test deliverables (for example, strategies, plans and test cases) and performs hands-on testing for internally developed or external purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression and end-to-end testing. Senior IT Testing Specialists deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements. Senior IT Testing Specialists collaborate with other IT staff as appropriate, to review and understand system requirements and design, review test strategy and design, identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and also to analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes.
· May function as advocate for customer providing coordination/input throughout entire Software Development Life Cycle for quality, usability and any gaps in system layout, features and designs.
· Works with development team to schedule, execute and test design enhancements evaluating and recommending quality improvements.
· Proactively identifies gaps in the business process and coordinates resolution across IT and or business teams.
· Makes recommendations on scope, timelines, and assists management with capacity planning. Forecasts and estimates testing related work.
· Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing
· Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
· Identifies tests that are good candidates for automation. Identifies approaches for risk based testing for each feature or scope of work in a project effort and prioritizes test execution in order to test high risk/high impact scenarios first.
· Provides leadership and technical guidance to test team. Mentors and coaches other IT Testing Specialists.
· Accountability across multiple functions and teams including facilitation/coordination with external customers and vendors, creating and executing complex tests across multiple platforms.
· Creates and executes complex SQL queries.
· Sets up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
· Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.
· Communicates results and coordinates logistics to the Systems Analysts, Developers, and other key IT staff and leadership as appropriate.
· Documents problems or results inconsistent with expected results.
· Performs quality assurance tests on all work and performs detailed analysis on test results.
· Certifies application for release to the next testing stage or to the production environment. Generates and distributes periodic status reports for testing.
· Sets up and executes complex scripts independently.
· Sets up test data beds based on data matching specific test conditions.
· Executes automated test scripts.
· Writes/coordinates resolution of system defects. Ensures appropriate hand-offs and re-testing.
· Participates in requirements gathering sessions or solicits information on incomplete requirements.
· Design tests to aid learning and mitigate risks.
· Work with developers to create automated tests.
· Work with business analysts and business stakeholders to undertake exploratory testing.
· Contribute to the continuous improvement process.
· Ensures stories contain specific acceptance test conditions which communicate objectives to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Champions a test driven approach for the team.
· Develops suitable test techniques using an automated approach.
· Create automated test scripts for sprints.
· Update automated test scripts after a sprint is complete.
· Knowledge of performance and security vulnerability testing is a plus.
· Assist product owner in coming up with the acceptance criteria for user stories.
Other duties as assigned.
Apply by creating/using account