Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Alluvion is currently hiring for a Distribution Center Associate in Memphis, TN - position is the perfect position for someone who desires to make quality personal! Long gone are the days of simple transactions. Our Distribution team seeks to act in the best interest of our customers. While being vigilant about safety, you will collaborate with various Coastal team members to support our customers' every need!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The Distribution Center associate's primary functions include:
• The security and quantity accuracy of physical inventory
• The environmental safety of the materials stored and handled
• The safe operation of all equipment, including fork lifts, pallet jacks, dock levelers, ladders, safety equipment, mixing equipment, pallet wrapping tools and hand tools
• The timely and accurate receiving, storing and shipping of materials, including physical count and documentation records, such as shipping and receiving records
• The safe storage of materials, including consideration of weight and stability of the packaging on a pallet
• The identification, elimination and immediate formal reporting of all observed hazardous or unsafe conditions, particularly including those involving equipment, facilities and storage procedures
• The maintenance of the Distribution Center facilities in a clean and orderly appearance, including interior and exterior spaces
• The preparation of the Distribution Center for, and the participation in, the physical inventories of the Distribution Center, which inventories are normally done twice a year on a prescheduled weekend basis
• The ordering of Distribution Center supplies, to include strapping tape, shipping labels, and paper goods for general use
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
There are some established characteristics of the successful employees in this type of job. They are self-motivated team players. They are skilled at communicating, networking and knowing their own limitations. In addition, some very important attributes needed for success in the job (not limited to) are:
• Responsive to customers' needs
• Personally ethical and possess high integrity
• Fast thinker
• Responsive to the direction and requirements of management
• Support the Coastal vision, both internally & externally
• Effective Communication and listening skills
• Adaptability to change
• Ability to work in cross-functional, collaborative environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Positive attitude
• Task implementer
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Some work experience in related field preferred.
• High School Diploma/equivalency.
• Bilingual preferred. (Regional)
• Has flexibility as to method, priority and timing of job duties.
• Ability and means to travel as needed for delivery of materials to jobsites or customer facilities and participation in periodic branch inventories. (Would need to provide proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used.)
Apply by creating/using account